Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Rebel Meets Rebel



With the untimely death of his brother "Dimebag" Darrell, Vinny Paul decided to release their collaberation with outlaw country singer David Allan Coe. The record, titled "Rebel Meets Rebel" couldn't be more aptly titled. It's set for an April 4, 2006 release date on Big Vin Records, Vince's new label.

New sound clips are available on the webpage (www.rebelmeetsrebel.com), and I encourage everybody to check it out. To hear the mighty Dimebag's legendary Dean guitar wailing again nearly brought tears to my eyes, and compelled me to bang my head violently.

It's not metal, it's not country, it's just balls-out rock and roll created by some of the best rule breakers ever to record a song.

All hail the mighty RIFF!

3 comments:

BlackLabelAxe said...

By the way, I vote for Andy Sneap to produce the next Metallica album. Look what he did for Exodus, Arch Enemy, Opeth, and Nevermore and tell me that Metallica wouldn't bust out of the slump with Andy in the chair.

BlackLabelAxe said...

...and if you're going to vote for Bob Rock to produce the next Metallica album, go ahead post your address so I can hunt you down.

crallspace said...

(insert deep growl)