Thursday, June 16, 2005

Welcome to Metal Pundit

This is the first-ever post on Metal Pundit. Allow me to introduce myself: I am a 22 year-old college graduate (DePaul University) with a major in political science. I am a liberal who vociferously opposes the Bush administration's agenda. I believe the Democratic Party must do a better job of defining its values and framing the debate in order to have a reasonable chance to regain the White House in 2008. Awesome Dems: Barack Obama, Harry Reid, Dick Durbin, Howard Dean, Nancy Pelosi, John Edwards, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Rahm Emanuel, and the Chicago machine.

I also love heavy metal music and cultural discourse. I listen to a variety of heavy metal subgenres including thrash, death, black, grind, metalcore, and classic heavy metal. Among my favorite bands are the following: Slayer, Metallica, Testament, Emperor, Mayhem, Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, Nile, Decapitated, Slipknot, Napalm Death, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Carpathian Forest, Satyricon, Megadeth, and Pantera.

I look forward to providing news (likely from Blabbermouth and DailyKos) and album and concert reviews. Hopefully I will be able to provide news myself eventually. I encourage everyone to openly discuss politics and heavy metal regardless of your opinion or ideology, as long as it is done respectfully.

No comments: