Monday, February 13, 2006

Blabbermouth

Anybody else see this post?

I have to agree with the guy. The comments left on Blabbermouth more often than not are less than intellectual, usually have no information that adds anything to the story, and almost always contain one the following:

"this band is gay because people buy their records and if you buy their records your gay too"

or

"pig vomit rules and so does any band that you don't know about because I know about them and that makes me more hardcore than you"

Now, it seems to me that most posters on Blabbermouth like to flame for the sake of flaming. It also seems to me that most posters have a case of "I listened to this band before you, and therefore, you aren't a true fan and don't know what your talking about" and "for a band to be a true hardcore metal band the music has to suck to the point of being almost unlistenable to and that is what makes it hardcore" syndrome. (I know unlistenable isn’t a real word, but I couldn’t think of another one that would work here)

In all my 32 years on this Earth I have never understood this attitude. Not everybody is in Joe Blows basement smoking weed when Joe Blow forms "X" band, and therefore, it is inevitable that not every person who likes "X" band will have been a follower since the beginning. Get over it.

And as far as I can tell, if a band sucks it doesn't matter how hardcore they are. Most people won't buy music that sucks. It has nothing to do with how hardcore I am or the band is. It has to do with the fact that music that sucks just...well, sucks.

I won't even touch the political arguments that go down over there for one simple reason: most of the posters there are probably posting from the library at their middle school. Until you get a job, pay taxes, get screwed by whatever administration happens to be in office at the time, pay rent to an asshole or a mortgage to a group of assholes, have to pay $80 every time you get gas, and are old enough to vote, I don't want to hear you bash something you can't even begin to understand. You can have an opinion, but until you walk a mile in the real world, nobody cares. Go find a girl and enjoy being 13. Let the adults be the adults. Your time will come soon enough.

Just my two cents and probably not even worth that much.

1 comment:

Osgiliath said...

You've summed it up beautifully.