Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A day late.. Dammit

I meant to post this yesterday, but I'm battling a nasty cold over here and the NyQuil prevents me from thinking properly.

Yesterday (12/13/05) marks the 4th anniversary of the date that the metal community lost one of it's greats.

For those of you that don't know of whom I am speaking, I am referring to one Chuck Schuldiner of Death/Control Denied fame.





In honor of his passing his family has posted a video interview conducted with Chuck and Gene (Hoglan) here. They have also located and released the last (and heretofore unknown) issue of The Metal Crusade, you may download it here.

Of all the musicians that have left us (Dimebag included), Chuck is the one that I miss the most, he did so much to help mold and shape an entire genre of music that he is sorely missed.

I still remember the first time I heard Death. Spiritual Healiung had just been released and a buddy of mine had picked it up on vinyl. He popped it in the record player and asked if I was ready to hear metal as I had never heard it before. As Living Monstrosity began, I was intrigued, but didn't fall in love immediately, that happened on the next track "Altering the Future". I had never heard such menacing vocals and thundering guitars before. I knew by the time I finished listening to the album that Anthrax and Megadeth just wouldn't cut it for me anymore... I was hooked and hooked bad.

With that said, I guess the only thing I can say at this point is, farewell Chuck, and know that you are still missed. R.I.P

1 comment:

BigNewsDay said...

Cool tribute to a great musician.

Get well Os!